Get into the spirit & fill your cheer with some winter tunes.
Today, Thursday, December 1, the Celtic music duo, Four Shillings Short, will be performing at the Peter White Public Library from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
With over 30 instruments, the duo will play original and traditional Celtic music, including medieval & renaissance European music as well as music from India and the Americas. In addition, this special concert includes presentations with poetry and stories related to Celtic culture. Since 1997, this troubadour pair has toured throughout the United States and Ireland and perform 150 concerts a year. For more information, visit UPTravel.com or call (906) 226.4318.
If you’d rather, feel free to get crafty!
There are endless crafts you can make. Holiday-themed crafts, everyday crafts and even crafts made as gifts. Here’s one that will fit all of the aforementioned categories-terrariums. Terrariums make excellent gifts, are great for anytime of year and can be tweaked for holidays by adding little pieces and bits of color for whichever holiday you’re celebrating. Not to mention how much cheer they can bring! Check out Pinterest for more of the best DIY craft ideas!
For the terrariums, you will need:
- a low maintenance container that you can mist water into
- succulents, cacti, plants that love moisture, houseplants and/ or ferns
- pebbles, rocks
- little odds and ends to ‘decorate’ your container with; use whatever you’d like
- add rocks to the container, these will help with drainage
- place activated charcoal over the rocks
- pop in the soil; make sure there is enough to cover the plant roots
- place the plants in the soil
- finally, add moss for closed containers or pebbles for open ones
Instructions on building terrariums courtesy of The Note Passer.
Too busy? Try this instead:
Instead of following your gym routine, take a stroll outside, around the block. Check out the Christmas decorations and lights. If anything, take in the wonderful smell of winter and enjoy! Fill your cheer with good ol’ fashioned exercise!