For the 2nd installment of holiday festivity ideas, here is a fantastic, warm chowder dish that everyone will rave about!
Firstly, if you want, invite a few friends and family over to share this wonderful chowder dish. The more the merrier.
You will need:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 6 medium unpeeled potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 2/3 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. celery (optional)
- 2 c. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh thyme/ 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 6 c. vegetable broth (try mushroom broth/ bouillon)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 10 oz. package frozen cream corn or can cream corn
- 1 1/2 c. half & half
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- Melt butter in large kettle-add potatoes, zucchini, squash, onion, whole kernel corn & celery. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, not browned (about 10 minutes). Stir in flour, parsley & thyme.
- Add broth & bay leaves. Cook and stir until mixture is thick & bubbly. Stir in cream corn and half & half. Bring to a simmer, cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Stir in vinegar & red pepper.
Too busy? Try this instead:
- Before or after work/ school, wrap your first gift! Get a head start. Do one a day everyday until you’ve wrapped them all! If you don’t celebrate Christmas or if you do not partake in gift giving, then scope out some good coupons and deals to prep for buying yourself something new.