The bone-chilling temperatures out there today call for an indoor activity. Try this easy craft!
If you’re lucky enough to participate in the snow day, fill your time with this easy ornament craft! Even if you’re working, tonight when you get home it may be colder than it is now. So, stay in and craft away. The instructions to make these easy DIY glitter ornaments were found on Pinterest. Look up the step by step instructions with pictures from our ‘Tis the Season Board or at JenniferRizzo.com.
What you’ll need:
- glass or plastic clear ornaments
- multi-surface gold paint
- multi-surface copper paint
- craft glue
- copper glitter
- paper plate
- masking tape
- tape off the top half of each ornament
- paint the bottom half of each ornament with the gold paint
- go over the gold paint with the copper paint
- once the paint is dry, brush over the paint with glue
- then, cover the glue with lots of glitter
- use a smaller brush to reapply glue to spots where the glitter didn’t stick, if any
- Whaalah! You’ve got a nice selection of warm & shiny ornaments; hang them anywhere you like with fishing line or beading string.
Too busy? Try this instead:
Yeah, this sounds silly, but sing a song. Sing a holiday favorite while you’re driving in the car. Or when you take a shower. You get the idea! Get into the holiday spirit, there are 5 days left until Christmas.